The process is called screen printing or silkscreen printing because silk was used in the process. It is also known as serigraphy or serigraph printing.
Screen printing is a printing technique where a mesh is used to transfer ink onto a substrate, except in areas made impermeable to the ink by a blocking stencil. A blade or squeegee is moved across the screen to fill the open mesh apertures with ink.
Latro offers a product range of printing silicones to make sustainable prints that give to fabrics unique features beyond the dream. Latro screen printing silicones offer a product range to make sustainable prints that give the fabric unique features beyond the dream. Some of the effects that are possible with these silicones are as following:
- Glossy effect top coating: With this application, the silicone gives a unique glossy effect to the pattern as well as its soft touch feeling. It is one of the most preferred printing types. Technically, a transparent or colored silicone barrier is created onto the fabric. Afterwards, the transparent silicone gel is applied in order to give the pattern an outstanding glossy bright finish.
- Matte effect top coating: With this application, the silicone gives an excellent matte effect to the pattern. It is generally used for special designs and preferred to be used with dark colors.
- Silicone brush effect: It is a printing technique made with specially designed silk screens. The silicone is applied and dried until the desired print height is obtained. The height of the silicone can easily increase after being exposed to heat, without loosing its strength.
Latro offers a custom-made product range of screen printing silicones which are uniquely formulated based on the application. Therefore, they fully meet the expectations of customers for each application compared to competitors. These products are two-component addition curable silicone elastomers, which give the prints unique properties thanks to special additives and fillers in their composition. Our screen printing silicones have the following features and benefits:
- Excellent adhesion
- Superior stretchability
- Outstanding heat and cold resistance
- High tensile and tear strength
- Exceptional washing and ironing durability
- Pot life at room temperature: 48 hours
- Smooth surface
- UV and ozone resistance
Improve your production:
Due to their viscosity range, our screen printing silicones have a positive effect on the continuous production line, allowing the squeegee to move faster without any error. They don't migrate or bleed under the fabric because of their thixotropic profile. The surface of the pattern is smooth, without any air bubbles or craters. Due to their long pot life, the mixture can be applied for long hours of operation without being wasted.
Silicones are a sustainable solution for the printing technology. They are much more environmentally friendly than PVC and other petroleum-based printing materials. Unlike other materials, they do not contain any toxic substances or have any negative impact on human health.